Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, April 21, 2016

R Is For Ramblin Man

Welcome to the 2016 A-Z April Blog Challenge. Wow I cannot believe that we are at the letter R!  Where has this month gone?  My theme this year has been a musical one and I have loved sharing some of my favorites with you.  The letter R is another one of those that I have multiple favorites.  Bing Crosby's Red Sails in the Sunset, Roustabout by Elvis, Rainy Night in Georgia by Brooks Benton, Red Rubber Ball by The Cyrkle,...and my list goes on.  I constrained myself today and chose only one song for your listening pleasure.  It is one I love to play and sing and is actually performed by some good old boys from Macon, Georgia.  "Ramblin' Man" is a song by American rock band The Allman Brothers Band, released in September 1973 as the lead single from the group's fourth studio album, Brothers and Sisters (1973). Written by guitarist Dickey Betts, the song was inspired by a 1951 song of the same name by Hank Williams. It is considerably more inspired by country music than other Allman Brothers Band compositions, which made the group reluctant to record it. Guitarist Les Dudek provides guitar harmonies, and it was one of bassist Berry Oakley's last contributions to the band.  The song became the Allman Brothers Band's first and only top 10 single, peaking at number two on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. I hope you enjoy it.
 

1 comment:

It's me. said...

I love love love this song! I always crank up the volume whenever it comes on. I wish I had the talent to write great songs or the voice to sing them. Lol, that's not going to happen anytime soon. Great post!

Shelly @ http://hangryfork.com