Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, April 16, 2016

N is for Never My Love


Today's music theme contribution is brought to you by the letter N.  Letter N is the sponsor of Never My Love, by the Association.  I was a huge fan of theirs and managed to see them a couple of times in the expanse of their career.  This song reminds me of all the wonderful memories of when I fell in love slow dancing as a teen. I don't know about you but it still makes me want to slow dance. Did you know that in 1999, the song was recognized as the second most-played song in history, with performances of more than 7 million, according to BMI. The #2 rank on the Top 100 Songs of the Century, listing the most-played songs on American radio and television, placed "Never My Love" between the #1 song "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'", written by Barry Mann, Phil Spector, and Cynthia Weil, and the #3 song "Yesterday" by Lennon–McCartney. BMI estimated that the song had received, as of 1999, what amounted to about 40 years of continuous airplay in its 32 years.  I don't know about you, but that is pretty impressive.  So, sit back and enjoy......after you press the play button, of course. I have given you two versions.....then....and now.
In 1967

Now

No comments: