Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, July 27, 2015

How Big Is A Christian?


I asked the children: "who do you think is the biggest Christian in this sanctuary today?" They kept saying that I was.  I was not quite sure how to take that because I am fluffy.  One of them finally told me it was because I was the preacher.  I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing out loud.  I then suggested that the tallest person present (Rayford or Rex) come forward, as he could be the biggest Christian around. I took out my tape measure and ran it out a good distance and asked the kids, "is this really how we can measure the Christianity of a person? (they all shouted "NO!")  I then asked them what were some good Christian values and could they think of any? What makes us good and big Christians? How about having love? Can you measure love with a tape measure?  The kids all laughed and shook their heads, no.  So I went on to explain to them how we must all grow up--our bodies as well as our Christian spirit. We must grow in inches as well as in love. How do we grow in love to God and our neighbors? There suggestions to the questions were prayer, going to church, worship, reading bible, listening, learning from each other.  I have a special group of children at Rock Mills.  They make my heart sing each Sunday and I know they make God smile.

No comments: