Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Wednesday Hodge Podge - Vol 220

 Here are the questions to this week's edition of The Wednesday Hodgepodge and my responses. You know the drill-answer on your own blog, then hop back over to Joyce's place to share answers with friends and random strangers on Joyce's blog.


1. When is your next big deadline? What's it for? Friday, May  15th - Grades posted and verified for seniors.  If they are failing we must contact parents and get their student in to see what we can do to help them pass.  Graduation is May 20th.  Mine all passed as of today.  Whooo hoooo.  Then we move on the rest of our students and give their finals, grade them, and verify their grades by Thursday, May 21st.
2. May is National Barbecue Month. Do you prefer cooking indoors or out? What's the best thing about a barbecue? What's the last thing you cooked on an outdoor grill?  I love cooking both places.  We have a George Foreman that we use when we are out of charcoal...or it is cold.  I love the smell of BBQ and the taste of seared meat.  Frank cooked porkchops the other night.  They were awesome!

3. What is one thing on your "never again" list?  Right now I am drawing a blank...but I am sure it has to do with height. 
4. What's something that annoys you about people your own age? Something you love about your generation?  I get annoyed by "I remember when I was your age comments."  I love our free spirited ness.
5. Lilac, iris, hyacinth, pansy...your favorite purple flower?  I love the ones you listed...but orchids would be my favorite purple flower.
6. Whats a song that always calms you down?  It Is Well With My Soul

7. What's the last thing you donated?  Furniture and clothes to the Salvation Army, a coat to someone who lost everything in a house fire, a door prize, my time to put together Baccalaureate Services.
8. Insert your own random thought here.  Graduation is fast upon us here at RCHS.  It is a crazy week and I am looking forward to summer.  I have had a wonderful year at my new school and cannot wait til next year.  Do you remember how you felt when you were a senior and graduating?  Did you think you were ready for what was ahead?  I thought I could take on the world.

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Glad your class passed! I have a purple orchid that is blooming right now. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful year at the new school. I do remember my graduation but I certainly was not prepared for the world!