Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

April Fools Hodge Podge

Joyce considered declaring today Spring Break in the Hodgepodge, but since it snowed where she lives this morning she felt it best we carry on. she'll probably take a week off from the HP sometime in April, because that whole A-Z thing will begin to wear her out.  Blogging's fun, isn't it?  Let's get started....here are the questions, you provide the answers, then hop over to Joyce's blog by clicking here and we'll compare, in a good way of course.


1. In honor of the date...when were you last sent on a 'fool's errand'?  I bought the wrong printer cartridge for my printer and had to return to the store and swap it with the correct one.  They were sitting right beside each other. 
2. Peter Rabbit, Bugs Bunny, The Energizer Bunny, The Easter Bunny, Rabbit (Pooh's friend), White Rabbit (of Wonderland fame), or the Trix Rabbit...which of these 'famous' rabbits can you best relate to right now?  Definitely not the Energizer Bunny.  I would have to say Pooh's friend. 
3. When did you last find yourself scrambling to get something done? Explain.  Taxes...it is that time of the year.
4. Last time you were up at the literal crack of dawn? Why? Last time you stayed up all night? Why? Last night was pretty much an all nighter as I tried to get the tax stuff together to take to the accountant this morning.  I went to bed...for a brief period....got sick, started this insane coughing, and just gave it up and got up.  I was in the bed for two hours.  I will pay for this today.
5. Crack a book, crack a bottle, crack a joke, crack an egg...which have you done most recently?  I cracked a book yesterday and could not put it down.  I finished it at 1 this morning.
6. What's your favorite part of a typical weekend? Tell us why that's so. Sunday....because of church.  I love the music, the sermon, the fellowship.  It starts my week out on the right foot.
7. What's something I'd find on a bookshelf in your home? Other than a book I mean!  A steeple and a ceramic doll from Moldova, a zebra my niece made for me, and a gorgeous cross given to me.  All are nestled among the many books.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I am just curious.  How do you celebrate Easter?  I preached on Monday, Frank is preaching today, we will attend Maundy Thursday night services, we are having an egg hunt at both of our churches on Saturday, we will both have son rise services followed by breakfast, and then the morning service.  I love Easter Sunday.
 

5 comments:

Joyce said...

We'll go to our normal 11 o'clock service, then we're meeting neighbors for a brunchy lunch at a restaurant in town. Normally I cook a big ham dinner, but neither of my girls will be home for Easter this year, so we decided to go out instead. Wishing you a wonderful week!

A Joyful Chaos said...

It's always great when you crack a book and it's so good you don't want to put it down!

Unknown said...

We celebrate by going to church and then usually going to my mother-in-law's home for lunch, family, and someone usually ends up bringing eggs to dye even though every year we are determined not to do it the next year. My sister-in-law brings eggs that usually number in the dozens. She buys 5 dozen egg crates, and often buys two. Yeah, the kids dye eggs for such a long time. I am holding my breath this year that it won't happen since we are doing a family thing with the whole church after service this year.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I thought most people would say taxes. My husband does them last minute and hasn't even gathered yet! Yes I would certainly believe that Sunday is your favorite day. You and Frank are such a blessing. Happy Easter.....

M.C.V. EGAN said...

Happy Easter and looking to connect during #Blogging from A-Z swinging by to meet and greet. I am 471 and 472 in the long list, with MOVIES & What's in a NAME Hope you swing by to 4covert2overt and Defining Ways. Hope to meet up everywhere @M_C_V_Egan
http://4covert2overt.blogspot.com/
http://mariacatalinaegan.com/
.⋱ ⋮ ⋰.,;***;,.⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯¤♥¤⋯.(^_^)⋯¤♥¤⋯
⋰ ⋮ ⋱..._/l\_...⋰ ⋮ ⋱
♫ ƤҼƌҪҼ ƌƝƊ ĻƠṼҼ ॐ βԼƐֆֆїɳɠֆ ƌƝƊ βԼїֆֆ ♫...