Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, April 11, 2015

A-Z April Challenge - J is for Jr.-Sr. Prom


My Saturday post is late because my J is for Jr-Sr Prom and I just got home from experiencing lead out.  I have been experiencing proms all 25+ years of my teaching life.  I think it is funny.....since I didn't even attend my own prom.  I have to admit that there is a fascination with them as an adult.  The theme this year was Great Gatsby.  There were two vintage cars in front of the entrance to the auditorium.  When I got there at 5:15 there were many parents already lined up down the tulle lined walkout to ensure they could see their babies when their names were called and they made the walk to the auditorium.  It was lovely.  Fellow teachers Jennifer Robertson (J-Ro) and Wendy Moore outdid themselves.  Tricia Guinn Photography took pictures of the Lead Out and she did an amazing job of capturing the kids in a grand fashion. 
It was a magical evening.  I don't know what proms are like where you live but in the South they are a community affair.  Even if you don't have children in school the community is there for this grand event.  I think that is what I love about living in the South. 


 


 
Pictures were made all afternoon, dressing for the event was something else....nails done, check, hair done check.....they fed them at the prom.....steak dinners.  I was impressed big time with that!  The dressed the girls had on were amazing.  It was a night all about the bling and glamour.  Thanks again to Patricia Guinn and her awesome photography.







2015 Jr-Sr Prom at RCHS is in the books.  It was a grand night and a great success....so here is to next year!


1 comment:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Karen - don't they all look amazing ... so fun seeing them all dressed up and ready to dance ..

Cheers and I've come over from the A-Z .. which I hope you're enjoying and meeting some new friends .. Hilary