Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, April 27, 2015

2015 A-Z April Challenge - W is for Winding Down



Today's letter is W for Winding down.  Our school year ends with graduation on May 20th and 21st and the year is winding down.  The remaining number of days are posted on my board because I got tired of the kids asking every day.  I change the numbers before I leave each day....Winding down.... For many I will not see them from the 15th until graduation because they are exempt from finals....winding down.  Play-off games are on for softball and baseball and kids are leaving school to get to these games.....we are winding down.  There seems to be some form of testing....everyday.....of every week....and if that weren't enough...it seems that I never have a full class.....winding down.  Between field days, play-off games, senioritis, mega drama, college days, senior skip days....assemblies...I find myself rushing frantically around to get in all the material they are supposed to cover.....winding down.  It seems every year....and I have been doing this for over 25 years....starting up....and winding down....take the most out of me.  May 22nd the teachers come to school one more time for inservice....and for some winding down.  Most people think that is when a teacher's job ends.  I promise you....from June to August....I will be working at the school a few days a week...getting ready to start again.  I will attend a couple of conferences this summer to keep my edge....and then I will wait...wait until the next year begins so I can begin the winding down process all over again.  It is in my blood.   I pray that winding down goes smoothly this year and that all my little darlings walk across that stage in their gown and mortar board.,,,then I will truly....Wind down!

2 comments:

nashvillecats2 said...

Wonderful reading, it is also the winding down of another A to Z.

Have a nice day.
Yvonne.

Anonymous said...

Visiting in these final days of the challenge. We are winding down and I hope you have enjoyed April as I have. If you have any energy left, come and see me and what I have been up to with my new book and the settings I've been writing about. Must admit, I need some winding down myself come the 30th.