Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spring Into Spring Hodge Podge

Welcome to the weekly Wednesday fun here. The rules are quite simple, Joyce posts the questions, you answer them and post your answers on your blog, then hop back to Joyce's blog and share answers with all your friends and neighbors.  See you there!


1. Share a favorite song, book, or movie title containing the word green?  That is a piece of cake! 
Image result for Anne of Green Gables
Anne of Green Gables.  I love the story line and so does my daughter Kat (who is a ginger).  When Kat was 15 the two of us took a trip up the Eastern seaboard to P.E.I. to see Lucy Maude Montgomery's home.  It was one of those trips of a lifetime.

2. Ralph Waldo Emerson is quoted as saying, 'Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.' Would you agree? Are you a believer in luck?  I am a believer in faith.

3. Spring water, Hot Springs, handspring, spring fling, spring break, spring fever, offspring...which 'spring' word best applies to something in your day, week, or life right now?  I have to say Spring Break.  Ours begins Holy Week and I cannot wait!

4. What's something you do to make yourself look or feel more confident?  I have a black dress with pearls that I wear when I need to feel confident.  It is my power dress.

5.  It's National Celery Month...are you a fan? If so, what's a snack or dish you enjoy that calls for celery?  I like celery.  I love it stuffed with pimiento/pnut butter/cream cheese, in soups/stews, in salads, in stuffing...sauted...Yep...it is pretty wonderful.

6. What's one thing you wish you'd learned sooner? Finish college while you are young.

7. Would you like to own a second home? If so where would you want that home to be?  The beach....no the mountains....no the beach....either place would be fine with me.  I love them both.

8.  Insert your own random thought here. Yesterday was St. Paddy's Day. Bíodh lá iontach (Have a good day) and  Dia duit go léir (God bless You all).  Have you ever watched...Darby O'Gill and the Little People?  Brigadoon?  These are must sees.  I watched Darby O'Gill on Sunday night.  Loved it....again.

6 comments:

Bobbi said...

I'm with you...in the summer I long for the cool mountains...in the winter the beach! Happy Hodgepodge!!

A Joyful Chaos said...

I'm a fan of Anne of Green Gables, used to read the entire series several times a year when I was growing up. I haven't read them in a while. I think maybe it's time to dust them off and enjoy them again.

Unknown said...

On number 7, do you think we could find a mountain ON a beach? That would be dreamy.

Joyce said...

I've seen Brigadoon, but not the others. We have friends who are from PEI and visited them there in 2009. I feel the same about Anne with an e : ) We're going back this summer as their daughter is getting married. Can't wait!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I've seen a lot of Green Gables answers today, I guess I should read it someday. Enjoy your Spring Break. I'm with you, beach & mountains would both be awesome. Love Darby O'Gill and the Little People.

Nel said...

I am with you on the luck thing. Definitely a God thing...luck has nothing to do with it.