Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, November 3, 2014

Pink Sheep

Alan taught Sunday School a week or so ago and shared this with us.  I loved it and had to share it with you.  It is from The Upper Room or Our Daily Bread. "While traveling on a road from Glasgow to Edinburgh, Scotland, I was enjoying the beautiful pastoral countryside when a rather humorous sight captured my attention.  There, on a small hilltop, was a rather large flock of pink sheep.  I know that sheep owners mark their animals with dots or spray paint to identify them-but these sheep really stood out.  The owner had fully covered every animal with pink coloring.  Everyone knew who those sheep belonged to.  Scripture calls followers of Christ sheep, and they too have a unique identifying mark.  What is the "Pink coloring" in a Christ-follower's life?  How can someone be identified as Jesus' own?  In the gospel of John, Jesus, the Good Shepherd, told us what that identifier is:  love.  "Love one another' as I have loved you...By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another" (John 13:34-35).  "In words and deeds, a believer should show love to all those around.  "Beloved, " John writes, "if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another" (1 John 4:11), A Christian's love for others should be obvious as pink wool on a flock of Scottish sheep."  Dave Branon

No comments: