Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, November 21, 2014

Faulty vs Seniors....or Winners and Losers Round 2

Yesterday I did a post on Winners and Losers.  Today I attended one of the most entertaining events I have been to in quite a while.  The Faculty at Wadley High School took on the Seniors(and I am not talking senior citizens) in Volleyball.   Most of the faculty that played were in their 30's to 50's.  I chose to just observe and watch kids because I am too old to hit the gym floor. The first game started with the Seniors serving.  I watched as they moved the ball back and forth from one side to the other and was very impressed.  Some of the seniors had never played volleyball before.  The ball actually was returned four times before it fell with a thud between two players on the faculty side as they stood and looked at it.  Once the score was to their liking I really believe the seniors began to take it easy on their older counterparts.  The seniors won the first round......the faculty rallied and won the second round(with the aid of some of the school's volleyball team) so we had a 2 to 2 match.  The seniors won the tie breaker and showed no mercy.  I really had a great time watching this exchange of power.  This volleyball game is an example of what I love about a small rural school.  The school used this as a fund raiser.  We have 400+ students at Wadley and we are  a campus that is K-12.  If all 400+ students had bought a ticket for 3.00....we would have made a tidy profit.   Concessions were sold during the game.  I was amazed at the amount of money some of these elementary aged children had on them.  I left school yesterday with a smile on.  What a great way to end the day and the week.  I love living rural!

No comments: