Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Election Day 2014

I worked the polls yesterday in Rock Mills.  It is always fun....although at times it can be very hectic.  My job is to make sure the voters are on the main list and highlight them as they vote.  We meet at the Fire Station the night before the election to set up the tables and make sure it is clean.  The morning of the election we get there around 6 to put out the signage and sign off on the beginning of the day paperwork.  This was the kind of day I like....It was steady all day.  Where I work is not where I vote so I voted early by Absentee Ballot.  It was odd voting last week in the Courthouse.  I am an informed voter.  Before every election I spend several days going over who is running, what they stand for, and what the amendments mean.  I don't know why they cannot word those amendments so the common man can understand them.  I have a Master's Degree and have to really work at understanding them.  It thrills me to see people get out and exercise their right to vote.  My feelings are....if you don't vote...you cannot complain.  I have voted in every election since I turned 18.  My first election was for President and George Wallace was running.  I vote in primaries, run-offs, whatever because I believe it is my right and duty to do this.  The elections do not always go the way I want them to, but at least I do my part.  Did you vote?  I hope so. 

No comments: