Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Spooks, Goblins, Ghouls, and Hodgepodge

'Twas the Hodgepodge before Halloween, and all through the web... We are so glad you've joined in this week, October's last Hodgepodge hurrah! Next week we're into November and all things gratitude, turkey and for Joyce a wedding.  If you've answered the questions today, add your link at the end of Joyce's post.  Then go say hi to the blogger who linked before you because everybody loves company.  Here we go-

1. Joyce's hubs spent last weekend pheasant hunting. Are there hunters in your family? If so, what do they hunt? Which of the following have you tasted-pheasant, rabbit, venison, duck, goose? Which of those would you most like to taste or be most willing to taste?  Vegetarians keep calm and Hodgepodge on.
Frank would hunt....I think.  He has never hunted in our married life.  He loves to target practice.  I come from a long line of hunters.  They hunt deer, rabbits, turkey, birds....and we eat them.  I am not a huge duck fan....love quail.  I grew up eating wild meat.  Have never eated weird wild meat...no possum, coon, squirrel....etc.


2. What high spot have you visited that gave you a wonderful 'bird's eye view' of something below?
I have visited many...my favorite is the Grand Canyon....but there is also Lookout Mtn. in TN, Clingman's Dome in TN/NC, Sleeping Bear Dunes in MI.
3. Do you have any birds in your home? These could be either real live pets or decorative, as in prints, fabrics, knickknacks, or pottery.  I have one tile with a Hummingbird on it.  It has a saying about friends.

4. Tell about a time you killed two birds with one stone.
I had a congregant in the Inn (rehab) and Frank had one in the nursing home next door.  We visited both.

5. Your favorite song with a bird in it's title?
Remember I love music....so I have a bunch.....Yellow Bird, Rocking Robin(I am showing my age huh?), Mockingbird,

6. What most recently gave you goose bumps?  The weather changed abruptly and I was caught at an outside venue without a jacket. 

7. Halloween is this Friday...any plans? Did you trick or treat as a child? Carve pumpkins? Share your most memorable costume.
Halloween  is on Thursday here in our little town....due to high school football games.  Only in the South.  We will be on Marcie's porch with the rest of the Rock Mills Porch People giving out candy....on Thursday and Friday. 

Did I trick or treat as a child? Of course. Just ask my dentist. We'd go in a big group and walk for what felt like miles, but was probably more like blocks. I grew up in a big neighborhood with sidewalks and street lamps and a more innocent world all the way round, so trick or treating was a much anticipated event. My dad always carved the pumpkin and I helped scoop out the guts.  Mom would make something pumpkiny...usually a pie.

I don't have a memorable costume.  We were poor....and  my costumes usually involved my dad's clothes...and I would be a hobo, fisherman, hunter, cowboy.  One year I got a Super Girl costume from Grants.  I hated it because it itched...and the mask was hot.  I never asked for another one.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
My SIL will be celebrating her 60th birthday on Halloween....for real.  Happy Birthday Anne!  (She is the one in the purple top.)  Welcome to the world of the 60 year olds!  Do you have any friends or family who were born on Halloween.

No comments: