Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Wednesday on Sunday Hodge Podge

With the back to school theme happening here today I feel like I should begin by saying good morning boys and girls! Be sure to add your link at the end of Joyce's post then go see what your classmates had to say.  Here we go-


1. What's something you wanted to do this summer that you never got around to actually doing?
Clean up my office/junk room. 

2. Share a memory of your own back-to-school days as a child.
I remember always having a brand new dress to wear and how nervous excited I felt the night before the first day. I also remember the dreaded first day of school picture and being terrified that my teacher may not like me.
3. What's one chore or daily task you prefer doing 'old-school'?
I am like Joyce.   I too keep a paper calendar, write in an actual journal, number my daily to-do's on cute notepads, and make grocery lists on the back of an envelope instead of on my phone. I do keep notes on my phone, but mostly forget to look there after I've written them down. I'm much more efficient and productive with a notepad. 
4. Share something you've learned in life through the 'school of hard knocks'.
5. As a child did you mostly bring or buy your lunch for school? What was your favorite thing to find in your lunchbox?  I took my lunch sometimes and ate in the cafeteria sometimes.  Least favorite food from cafeteria was succotash.  I still despise it.  My most favorite thing to find in my lunch box was a note from my mom or dad and a pastrami on rye.  I loved those.  I wish I had saved them...the notes that is.
 6. Football season is upon us which has me wondering...how big of a sports fan are you (not just football)? On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being 'I scream at the players through my television screen', and 1 being 'is knitting a sport?', where do you fall in fandom.
I would need a -10 or at least a zero.  I do not like them on teevee.  Sports are not a show for me.  I do not like to watch them play.  I'd rather go shop anyday.  I do not like them no siree...The one and only Karen Leigh.
 7. Share a favorite quote you think my inspire students of all ages at the start of a new school year.
This can refer to a ton of different areas of your life...
 8.  Insert your own random thought here.  "There is always gonna be another mountain"....just remember "it's the climb."  I am not a Miley Cyrus fan...but back in 2009 she came out with a song that most of us should make our mantra.  http://youtu.be/NG2zyeVRcbs




No comments: