Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Wednesday Hodge Podge Last of July

Welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge, our last one for the month of July. If you've answered the questions this week, add your link at the end of Joyce's post and then run see what the neighbors are saying. If you didn't answer the questions, don't link. But do still go see what the neighbors are saying...here we go-


1. "Summer is like childhood. It's full of warm memories and gone too soon." Kellie Elmore  Agree or disagree? Share something you loved about the summers of your childhood.
I agree.  Summer has always held wonderful memories for me.  We would go outside as soon as it was light enough to see and stay until the street lights came on.  Summer time was when my  mom and Carol's mom would take us to the beach for the day.  We went to summer camps at the local Parks and Rec.  I played tennis, we traveled...summer rocked.  Even today summer rocks.  It is a time to get outside, go to the beach, travel.  I love all the summer activities. 

 2. Are you a fan of auto racing-NASCAR, Indy, Stock, Grand Prix? Ever been to a race in person? Any desire to do this? Do you know a lot about cars? Do you notice particular makes and models when you're out and about?  I am not a fan. I don't dislike racing, but I don't go out of my way to see it either. I have been to the Talladega 500 twice, to the Atlanta races, and to Daytona a few times....usually with whoever I was dating and trying to impress. I did love Demolition Derby's as a child, dirt track racing, and Funny Car Racing.  My father would take me to these often.  I want to be just like Shirley Muldowney when I was a kid.  I am glad that phase passed.  I did a little street racing as a teenager.  Fortunately I never was caught and lived to walk away from that stupid fancy.

 3. What's something you think is too serious to be joked about? Or is anything and everything fair game?  I agree with Joyce.  I hate it when people joke about the mentally handicapped and the mentally ill. My daughter was a Special Ed teacher and she would have throttled me.  I am also the grandmother of two with Down's Syndrome.  Nope...definitely not funny.  

 4. July 29th is National Lasagna Day. Are you a fan? Do you have a great recipe, and if so where did it come from? If given a choice would you choose a plate of lasagna or a plate of spaghetti?
I love lasagna. I have a great recipe given to me in strictest confidence by my cousin's Italian wife.  It was an old family recipe.  I also make it Mexican style but the Italian is my favorite.  I love Spaghetti too.  I love Italian food.  True Italian food (the kind you eat in Italy) is my all time favorite.  I could not believe the difference in food made here...and food made there. 
 
5. What's a simple pleasure you'd miss if it were not a regular part of your life?
My morning prayer time.  I love the time I get when I get up before anyone else and have my prayer time. 

6. If you could be the CEO of any company, which would you choose?
Again I have to agree with Joyce.  I would love to be the CEO of a company like World Vision or Samaritan's Purse. Habitat for Humanity would be up there too.   I appreciate their heart and would love to see how they operate behind the scenes. 

7. August is just around the bend...bid farewell to July in exactly seven words.
Just unusually lazy, yet enjoyed the time!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.  I got to experience picking corn this week using a pick bag and putting it in the freezer.  I also picked green beans, tomatoes, cantaloupe, watermelon, and squash.  Some of it I picked only enough to eat....some of it I saved through freezing or canning.  I learned how to freeze tomatoes whole and cannot wait to use them.  I have several bags of beautifully whole tomatoes in my freezer and will be putting some more up today.  I made pickles...they are called refrigerator pickles.  So easy and smell so good.  Now if I can keep Frank out of them.  I have not made pickles in over 30 years.  Last time they were nasty and my BIL brought his back hoe to my house and actually buried them in the yard.  I can image what will be said in 40 years when they are dug up....image what an archaeologist and his group will say.  LOL. 


No comments: