Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

After 25 Years

Back in May I applied for a teaching position here in Randolph County.  I prayed for God's guidance...but as usual I put parameters on Him.  I prayed that I would hear something before July 1.  July 1 is when my current system does not have to let you out of your contract.....I also told God that if I did not hear by then I would know I was supposed to retire at the end of the school year.  On July 17th I got a phone call from Randolph County wanting to set up an interview.  I told them I was sorry and hung up the phone.  Frank looked at me as if I had lost my mind.  I explained....I told God...by July 1.  It is the 17th....nuff said.  He asked me when I decided to put time limitations on God....and I realized I may have made a mistake....so I called Mrs. Kelly back and set up an appointment for Monday at 12:30.  Monday went like blazes.  I felt so comfortable as I sat and answered their questions.  After the interview Mr. Anglin  asked me to see if I could be released.  So, on my way home from the interview I called Dr. Cooper.  I explained my situation and he asked me if he could post my job....I agreed but told him it would still be mine until the Board here met.  I waited.  Frank told everyone I had the job.....but I said nothing until it was official.  Last night the Randolph Co. Bd. of Ed met and I was offered the job.  Now here I sit.  I am have called the people I need to call.  I am sad because 25 years of comfort is over.  I have to move a 25 years of collection room, attend New Employee Orientation, have revival at my church, sing for the Senior Citizens in Wedowee, and move out and move in.....by Monday.  Today is Tuesday night.  Frank and I have our work cut out for us.  I am sad.....to the point of tears because I have so many wonderful memories at BRHS and so many wonderful friends and co-workers.  I am thrilled because I will not be making the 59 mile drive every day.  I am excited to be starting something new.  My cheese has been moved and I am a bit nervous about that part of the process.  Pray that everything goes smoothly and that I accomplish all I have to do in the next few days. 

No comments: