Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, June 27, 2014

Five Minute Friday - Lost

Writers invited – come one, come all, come free write with us. This is where a brave and beautiful bunch gather every week to find out what comes out when we all spend five minutes writing on the same topic and then sharing ‘em over here. How to Join: Want to know how Five Minute Friday got started and how to participate? All the details are here. Now, set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes of free writing without worrying about getting it right.
Five Minute Friday
The rules are simple:
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking. (On your own blog or in the comments here).
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments.
Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community.. - See more at: http://lisajobaker.com/2014/06/five-minute-friday-lost/?


So with that said are you read?  I know I am.  The word for today is Lost!


Go:
There are many lost thoughts I came up with this morning.  My mind was working overtime as this word played there.  I am a receiver of Amazing Grace because "I once was lost, but now I am found." Yet, even with that wonderful thought the one that ran rampant in my heart was the story of a little lost 2 year old girl...who was my daughter.  When Kat was two we went to Boaz, AL to the Vanity Fair outlet to get school clothes for Eric (12) and Jenifer (11).  I carefully put Kat in her little stroller so I could look and she would be contained.  Boy was I wrong.  The Vanity Fair outlet has many long aisles of jeans and other things.  Intent on my clothing mission and checking on my little one from time to time I did not realize that she had mastered the concept of undoing her restraints.  I checked on her......and the stroller was empty.  All that remained of my precious two year old was her doll.  In panic mode I went to the security office and told them my daughter was LOST!  The most dreaded words a mother could hear...much less say out loud.  I described her clothing and the outlet issued a code Adam and locked down.  No one came in and no one went out.  This outlet store is huge and there were many places a little lost child could have been....including dressing rooms.  The store employees all came together and walked through the store side by side.  I was right there with them...along with my 12 and 11 year olds and my mom.  My child was lost and I was heartsick.  Where could she be?  About halfway through the store a lady, who looked a lot like my mom, came up with Kat in her arms.  It appears that Kat had gotten out of her stroller, gotten in the rack of jeans, and walked to the other side of the store.  When she emerged she realized something was wrong, found the grandmother looking lady, told her she was lost, and asked her if she could help her find her granny.  It was about that time the Code Adam went out and the lady picked up my precious child and brought her towards the front of the store.  Lost is an ugly word when you are a mom.  Lost is an ugly word when you have not found Christ.  No matter how you look at it, Lost is a word that can strike terror in your heart.  Needless to say we did away with the stroller we had, and we left Vanity Fair that day and did not go back until I could see her above the racks.  I think I aged 40 years that day.  I aged another 40 years in 2009 when a Silver Alert was issued for my missing/lost parents, but that is a story for another day. 

No comments: