Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Winter Wednesday Hodgepodge


Welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge! It is cold here.  This morning I left the house in 15 degree weather.  The temperature dropped 3 degrees before I got to work.  It is miserable. If you would like to join in and play with us all you have to do is add your link at the bottom of Joyce's post by clicking here and then go a-visiting. Here are my answers to this week's questions-

1. It was decided on Sunday the Denver Broncos will meet the Seattle Seahawks in this year's Superbowl. So, when was the last time you bowled? Not where you thought this question was going is it? Do you like to bowl? Are you any good?
I bowled in a league up until this year.  I have not had a ball in my hand since last Spring.  I am not a bad bowler.  I have had good nights....really good nights.....and I don't want to talk about it nights.  I enjoy bowling but it was just too far to go on a week night.

2. Should sports stars be role models?
I don't think so.  It bothers me that kids look up to people like A Rod (in trouble for drugging), T.O. (who is a real piece of work)...why can't kids just look up to regular people....like firefighters, policemen, teachers, nurses.....and make them role models. 

3. January is National Oatmeal month...are you a fan? How do you like your oats?
I'm a huge fan, and I like mine with sliced bananas, or applesauce, or apples,  or craisins/raisins, with brown sugar and a pat of butter. YUMMO!   I will eat oatmeal three meals a day.  I love it!

4. What is one book on your reading list for 2014?
I review books and therefore I have a really long list of books to read in 2014. I review on Amazon and Goodreads as well as for several other publishers. I am starting a Beth Moore Bible study with some of the ladies from the church AND reading the Raggamuffin Bible.  Loving it.  I just finished reading Rachel Hatchers, A Promise Kept.  It was really good and really touched home.

5. What would you like your future self to say to your present self?
"I knew you could do it, even when you didn't."

6. When scrolling through the TV guide, what is one movie title that makes you want to stop, grab the popcorn, and watch for a while?
NCIS marathons, any Hallmark movie, Steel Magnolias, Sweet Home Alabama, The Notebook(or any other Nicholas Sparks book made movie). 
7. What are two style trends you hope never come back into fashion?
Big 80's hair with the wing looking sides/bangs.  Leisure suits.....gross!

8. Insert your own random thought here.  My dad was an amazing cook.  He could cook anything and anything he cooked tasted better than what my mom would fix.  (Sorry mom).  One of his best recipes was Pineapple casserole and when he took it to a church function there was never any left. 

Ingredients
1 cup sugar (you can use Splenda)
6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups grated New-York or extra sharp cheddar
2 (20-ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained, and 6 tablespoons pineapple juice reserved
 1 cup cracker crumbs (recommended: Ritz)
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted, plus extra for greasing pan
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a medium-size casserole dish with butter. In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour. Gradually stir in the cheese. Add the drained pineapple chunks, and stir until ingredients are well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.  In another medium bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, melted butter, and reserved pineapple juice, stirring with a rubber spatula until evenly blended. Spread crumb mixture on top of pineapple mixture. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Hi! I'm popping in from Hodge Podge Wednesday! I forgot Steel Magnolias!! One of my favorite movies!!

Joyce said...

Leisure suits definitely need to stay in the past : ) Your pineapple recipe sounds delish! Thanks for sharing!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You really do love oatmeal! There are a lot of movies that I'll stop and watch but Steel Magnolia's and Sweet Home Alabama are always a must. Thanks for the recipe, it sounds yummy.

Skoots1moM said...

I make pineapple casserole for our camp meeting each year...love that stuff!

Hootin Anni said...

I wasn't the least bit surprised that one of your favorite movies is Steel Magnolias!! LOL

Oh my gosh, I am gonna copy and make this pineapple dish pronto!!! And....enjoy that oatmeal. You made me hungry today.